Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pumpkins, Cranberries and Maple, Oh My!

Yes, yes, yes FALL is in the air. As much as I love the spring and summer (they really are my favorite seasons) with an abundance of sunshine and beach days not to mention fruit desserts galore, ice cream and lazy days reading I also love the fall for its bounties...spectacular colored leaves (at least back east!), cool breezy nights and the beginning of more hearty foods to eat. I mean who doesn't love, love, love all things pumpkin, cranberry and maple?! HELLO Fall, Happy Halloween and Happy Thanksgiving...

So, if you haven't already started baking some glorious fall delights let me entice you to do so with these beauties...

Grandma Rose and Aunt Irene's Pumpkin Bread...this is by far my most requested and beloved recipe. Quite simply it is the most moist and delicious pumpkin bread I have ever tasted and apparently many others agree! You can make it in loaves, mini bundts or muffin form...whatever suits your fancy. You can also add chocolate chips, nuts, cranberries and/or a dollop of fresh whipped cream...just don't tell my Grandma or Aunt...they were purists and only liked it plain!

Orange Cranberry Cornmeal Cake...a Zoe Nathan/Huckleberry Bakery and Cafe (Santa Monica, CA.) recipe...this cake is to die for...you will not be able to stop eating it...consider yourself forewarned!

Maple Walnut Layer Cake with Fluffy Maple Frosting...a Magnolia Bakery (NYC) recipe and one of the first things I made when I began my obsessive baking odyssey almost three years ago. This cake is so over the top wonderful you will not believe that, in fact, you made it your very own self!

Alright, mes belles, start baking and let me know how it all turns out!

xoxo Nanci

No comments:

Post a Comment