Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? Isn't that a great question?! My friend, Donald, gave me that quote written on a rectangular block of granite type material for my birthday several years ago. It has been sitting on my desk just next to my computer ever since. I look at it every single day. I ponder its meaning often, yet not often enough if the truth be told.

We, the big collective "we" including me, more often than not let our fears and insecurities get in the way (or completely stop us) from going after our dreams and passions. How ridiculous is that?! I mean, think about it for a minute...a fear or insecurity is really just a thought...a thought that only holds power over us if we let it...otherwise, quite frankly it's meaningless. There would be no artists, writers, entrepreneurs, business titans or medical breakthroughs (to name just a few things) if someone, somewhere didn't say to themselves, "To hell with the odds and statistics, the naysayers and doomsdayers, I  believe in this dream of mine and I'm going to go after it with all engines roaring...it's going to make me happy to do so and most certainly others as well. My passion and perseverance will bring me success...so join me in the fun or get out of my way!"

What's the absolute worst that can happen? Someone says no to you, someone doesn't "get" your vision, it takes longer and much more work than you ever imagined...well, so what! At least you are out there spreading positive energy around (and in my opinion the world is desperately in need of more magical, bright, positive energy - could we possibly ever have too much of that stuff...I don't think so!) and at the same time you are following your heart, your destiny, your bliss, your instincts...sharing with everyone the very essence of who you are and what you uniquely have to offer them. When fully engaged like that I truly believe that you (read me, too) are at the top of your game, the height of what it means to be a human being on this planet, experiencing the nirvana of life.

So I ask you again...What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? Think about it, ponder it and then get up off your ass and do something about it! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain...and do yourself another favor...bake yourself a treat and get lost in the thrill of it all...

xoxo Nanci

P.S. Here's one of my favorite recipes to get you started...Graham Cracker Pecan Chewy Bars...sinfully delicious. http://www.sugarandstilettos.com/r_graham-cracker-pecan-chewy-bars.html

1 comment:

  1. So very true.............and the Pecan Chewy Bars sound divine!!! xo, Adele

    ReplyDelete