Friday, November 9, 2012

Joshua and Louis ROCK THE HOUSE at the Operation Mend Presentation!!!

Me, Joshua, Louis and my Parents
Well, I know I just wrote a blog about Joshua's Bar Mitzvah...and I know, well, at least I think I know that I mentioned that Joshua would be donating a good portion of his Bar Mitzvah money to Operation Mend at UCLA and that that amount, $6,500.00, would be matched by my parents' friend, Christa Burke, through her foundation bringing the total to $13,000.00...not to mention a handful of donations that have been made directly to OM.

Joshua and Louis with Operation Mend founder, Ron Katz and his daughter-in-law, Dana
However, I also know that I didn't say anything at all about the television interviews or the article by AP that has gone viral nationally including making it on to The Huffington Post or all the radio coverage the story got this morning including NPR...well, because I couldn't, because it hadn't happened yet...and because it was all so unexpected and last minute. Oh, there was a plan for the presentation of the check with Joshua and Louis at the Operation Mend offices but all the press stuff began to happen just 24 hours before that event which was yesterday at 4pm...OOH LA LA and then some!

Louis in front of the camera
Once Amy Albin of UCLA's Media Office called me (she is a real cracker jack!) with the news of some of this press attention, life became a whirlwind of activity. There were television interviews with KCBS/KCAL, KABC and Fox News plus a phone interview with AP...the excitement for everyone was electric...and there was celebrating all around....lots of smiling, happy people.

Joshua and me happy as can be
Afterwards, Joshua and I went out to dinner with Louis, my parents and sister-in-law, Jacklynn Evans, who is simply the BEST aunt in the world, not to mention extraordinary cheerleader! We had such fun... and our hearts were lifted with the privilege of being able to be fully engaged, caring human beings...simply magical.

Needless to say...even though I am very tired today I am beyond proud of my son, my family, our beloved Louis and the entire crew at Operation Mend. Please feel free to make a donation if you are so inclined...

xoxo Nanci

Stella 
P.S. Here is a picture of Stella Dahlman (22 months), Louis and Laura's adorable daughter...another reason to smile.

P.S.S. If you have a minute or two here are two of the links to check out the television reports...






No comments:

Post a Comment