Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm tired today...what about you?

Some days I have more energy than a roomful of toddlers and other days (thank goodness not that many) I can barely drag myself through the day. On those days it seems as if just getting out of bed, getting dressed and brushing my teeth is a major accomplishment. Does that ever happen to you?

Since my young adult days (meaning after I graduated from UC Berkeley) my pattern has been to run, run, run at maximum speed and then completely crash in utter exhaustion for a day, a week or even longer if a dash of depression is thrown in. I don't think that this is exactly a good recipe (no pun intended) for living a balanced life which I really want to do...have been trying to do for years. Being an artist doesn't help a bit since creativity seems to come in waves...often when one least expects it...and when the creative spirit moves you I don't know an artist who can resist the call.

So, the question begs...what's to be done to quell the unbalanced beast? How can one make one's days more sane and even keeled over the long haul or is it simply a pipe dream to think that it is attainable on any level? I honestly don't have the answer. Of course, my most recent remedy is to bake...at the very minimum it slows me down and while I'm baking, the rest of the world and its worries magically do not exist...they simply float away. Same happens if I am engrossed and engaged in a great book.

If you have any other suggestions to offer up to me that work for you (other than baking!) I am certainly open to them. It seems that one can't have too many good ideas where this is concerned. In the meantime, I think I'm going to head off to the kitchen to bake Joshua his beloved Crumb Buns with Chocolate Chips.

Don't they look yummy?!
Happy Monday, Happy Week, Happy Balanced Life...

xo Nanci

No comments:

Post a Comment