Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm on a Roll...more Bake Sale Extravaganza for Charity news!

I know, I know...I'm starting to sound like a tape recording on a forever loop saying the same damn thing over and over again but PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, WITH OODLES OF SUGAR ON TOP bear with me.

This Sugar & Stilettos Bake Sale Extravaganza for Charity on May 21, 2011 continues to grow and astound me every day. I've been able to sign up several sponsors, businesses and individuals, (i.e. City National Bank, State Farm Insurance, Marci Baron at Teles Properties, Laurie Newbound, Madeline Cripe, Eddie Schwartz, Edna Neidorf, Richard & Helena Neidorf to name a few). Each of these sponsorships, plus the others I'm still pursuing, will aid us tremendously in covering those costs we must incur. The more costs that are covered like this, means more money can go directly to the Westside Food Bank and St. Joseph Center's Food Pantry to feed those women and children we so desperately want to help. That just makes me smile big time!

I'm also continuing to get donations of baked goods as well as gift certificates and baskets to sell/raffle off. Added to the list most recently are treats from Isamax (Wicked Whoopie Pies) in Grenier, Maine, amazing artisan pies from Stephanie Jayne at CRUST, cupcakes and custom made stiletto cookies from Dan Shapiro at Modern Bite and luscious pound cakes from Nancie McDermott of Chapel Hill, North Carolina (along with 12 autographed copies of her incredible books, Southern Cakes and Southern Pies). As for other items, I now have a $500.00 white gold necklace with a white gold and diamonds stiletto charm from XIV Karats LTD, movie passes from Landmark Theatres, a bag of signature goodies worth $50.00 from Trader Joe's, a facial worth $75.00 from Blush LA, a $100 certificate from Celeste at chic Pecha Salon in Santa Monica and floral arrangements galore from Vida Floral owner, Gabriella, in Orange County.

To top it all off, Paul Reiser (Mad About You), Michael Warren (Hill St. Blues) and Peter Bergman (Emmy winner for The Young and the Restless) have joined the Honorary Advisory Board...plus the specially designed Sugar & Stilettos things are rolling in...the refrigerator magnets, transparent cutting board and note pads are so cute, the aprons are irresistible, the Fifi Flowers notecards are divine and the piece de resistance the S & S Pink Tote is beyond adorable...a MUST have...and it's only going to be $5.00...OH LA LA!

My passion is overflowing for this event...the entire process and journey is making me so happy..and that's not to even mention the fact that the first draft of the play, "SUGAR & STILETTOS - an obsessive baking odyssey" is done and is being developed for a reading and eventual production. What truly just began as my next play is morphing into something that will magically encompass the parts of myself I most value (other than being Joshua's mom which is #1 no question!)...those being my artistic/creative side, my philanthropic/community side and my businesswoman side. Three pieces of a puzzle that fit together via Sugar & Stilettos in a way I could not have possibly imagined even a short time ago.

Imagine these babies with a lovely cup of coffee or tea!
They are a little messy but, oh so YUM!
To celebrate all this good fortune and a future of re-invention (not to mention a present) that is brimming with new paths and possibilities I decided that I had to do some baking...big surprise! So, I made some Scottish Scones with dried wild blueberries and pecans and Farmeeoh Sandwich Cookies.

With all that said...and MERCI vraiment for listening once again, I leave you to find your passion and pursue it to its fullest...it is never too late to find yourself...never too late to find your bliss!

xoxo Nanci

2 comments:

  1. All Of the above sounds soo exciting and especially so worthwhile! It is the best of ALL worlds, Nanci! Where & how can I get a S&S pink tote? xo
    So proud & thrilled to see you live your passions and how much they ALL bring to others!
    Love,
    Sharonxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can order your S & S Official Pink Tote directly from me...we'll talk and get it done so don't you worry one little bit!

    xoxo Nanci

    ReplyDelete