Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year 2015!!!

Instead of starting the new year off with resolutions that never stick I am going to share an email with you that I wrote to my friend, Terry, after she asked me to help her with something on social media…this is my way of being totally honest and authentic about who I am…I hope you get a good giggle out of it!

Terry--

If only I could turn my ineptitude into a tv series for us! Dawn could cast the rest of the parts, we could become rich and famous, be able to rent or even buy beach houses in Malibu and then, of course, live happily ever after knowing that we had fulfilled all of our dreams…

In reality though this is what you are dealing with…I hate to burst your bubble but feel as if I must be honest with you as we have known each other for so long...

FB: Have know idea what my password is or how to access anything other than the "home page"…couldn't switch my "status" if my life depended on it, let alone post a picture, share or link something, create an event invite or any of the other vitally important things FB is capable of doing…what I can do is "like" something and occasionally make a "comment"…

Twitter: A total bust…as I have no idea how to "tweet" a single letter…forget 140 characters…have no idea how to re-tweet or what that even means for God's sake...

Instagram: A total mystery to me…what is this about? A bunch of teenagers or overaged teenagers who have nothing better to do than post "selfies" as if it were some kind of fabulous accomplishment to let the world know you were just having oatmeal for breakfast in your super cool Star Wars pajamas. I'm an actress and I hate still photography of myself…if someone held a gun to my head I would not be inclined to post pictures of myself for any reason whatsoever…especially ones where I had no make-up on, looked like total shit or a total idiot…

Tumblr, Snapchat: No comment…absolutely no idea what these sites do and/or their purpose in the scheme of life's meaning…

My MacBook Pro: I can email, attach a document to an email and create a document from Word…that's about it. I know my computer is capable of doing a million other things but I am only capable of the aforementioned three things…

iPhone: Until recently I owned a Flip Phone. My son finally badgered me into buying an iPhone (I think it's a 4S though I can't be too sure). I can answer the phone, I can make a call and I can check my email…I can even look at my contact list knowing that I can add or delete someone at my whim…within the last month or so I have even begun to text…a talent that I was certain I didn't possess but apparently I do in limited form. I can not do anything else with that phone…don't know how to take a picture, make a video, send things from the phone to another device, download apps (what the hell are those things anyway?!), surf the web or anything else that the phone is capable of doing…really nothing else. Joshua however can do it all and does it as often as he can steal the phone from my purse since he doesn't yet have his own…I'm the last parent holdout I know…five extra years of therapy for him…

My new leased BMW: No clue as to how the navigation system works though I was shown at the dealership in much detail how it worked before driving off the lot. The gal who did the lease for me set up my radio stations…I am barely able to remember how to push the right button on the steering wheel so that I can then bark "RADIO", then bark "PRESET" for the list of stations that I will most likely be listening to for the duration of the three year lease as I couldn't tell you how to change or alter what I currently have. There are bells and whistles galore but all I can muster is to get the car started, drive it, occasionally put gas in it and then shut it off…oh, I can also work the wind shield wipers fairly well. Everything else is completely off the table and not possible unless Joshua does it or figures out how to do it.

Well, there you have it sweet Terry…the sad, pathetic truth of my technological failures/limitations…my future is bleak indeed…

xoxo Nanci
Me & Joshua wishing you a very Happy New Year filled with  abundance!
P.S. Thank goodness I can bake…now that's something I'm fairly good at!

No comments:

Post a Comment