Monday, September 20, 2010

Red Velvet Cake, Red Candies, Red Everything!

Oh, RED is just my very favorite color and has been for as long as I can remember. I had a red velvet dress that I loved, loved, loved when I was a little girl and wore ALL the time so doesn't it make perfect sense that one of my very favorite cakes is RED VELVET CAKE?! Well, of course, it does. And that doesn't even begin to take into account all the RED CANDIES that I love...Licorice, Dots, Juicyfruits, Jujubees, Swedish Fish, Cinnamon Bears, Red Hots, Hot Tamales, Jelly Beans, Salt Water Taffy (just to name a few) or the red popsicles, red fruit punch and the famous (or infamous) red dixie cups of my preschool days. Also, is there anything more stunning then a sunset drenched in red hues, burnt red leaves on an autumn tree, a scarlet red evening gown, ruby red stilettos or blood red nail polish and lipstick? I don't think so. Trust me this list really could go on and on and on.

4th of July Red Velvet Cake
So, what's a girl to do with her RED obsession? Well, I say feed it for goodness sake! So, that's what I've done my whole life. As far as those candies go...I used to save the red ones (the best ones) for last until I realized that that was exactly when everyone wanted me to share and have a taste of my fabulous goodies. Well, I fixed that right away. I began (and have never looked backed) eating the red candies FIRST (why save the best for last, life is short!) and now I have no moral dilemmas whatsoever when I have to pony up and share. I am perfectly happy to give away the other colors, no offense intended to the rest of the rainbow.

Valentine's Day Red Velvet Cake
RED, for me, represents fiery passion and beauty not to mention delectable, delightful and often gorgeous sweet treats...but no matter what your favorite color may be, ENJOY it to the fullest...wear it, decorate with it, bake it, drink it, eat it, meditate over it...do whatever you want with it!

xo Nanci

Sunday afternoon at Aunt Irene & Uncle George's circa a long time ago!
P.S. OK, admittedly, not the most flattering look for me, but as you can see I am wearing my adored RED VELVET DRESS underneath the lovely and classy improvised bib. I wasn't kidding, this "RED THING" started young. Have a good laugh...I certainly did!

No comments:

Post a Comment